Fall is the best time of year to see spiders around your home. Because it is mating season, spiders are more common in fall. This is when spiders mate to make egg sacs that will survive the winter. Many of these parent spiders will die in the first frost. If you take a look at the shrubbery surrounding your home, you will likely see webs and even egg sacs. Here are some spider control tips you need to know.
There are at least thirty-eight species of spiders. These species include the common black and yellow garden spider, as well as the more dangerous black widow spider. However, not all spiders can be harmful. Some spiders can be beneficial because they will eat other bugs you don’t want around your home.
The mouse, hobo and black widow spiders can all be very dangerous. The black house spider and the wolf spider can be dangerous. However, they are not usually lethal. There’s the star-bellied spider, the southeastern wandering spider and a variety of jumping spiders. There is also the eastern parson spider, eastern huntsman spider and a variety of fishing spiders.
You must take preventative steps to avoid these pests.
- You should also rid your home of flies and roaches, as these can attract spiders to your home.
- Keep your home clean and tidy! Because spiders have no hiding places, they avoid clean homes.
- Whenever you see spider webs or egg sacs, sweep them up and vacuum them.
- Food should be kept in sealed containers.
- Clear out clutter and get rid of it. Spiders love to hide in old magazines, dirty clothes and junk.
- Pesticides and other pest control treatments can be used to address any insect problem.
- To prevent spiders from coming in, take outdoor precautionary measures.
- Your home should be sealed up. Protect your home from insects by covering vents with fine mesh screens.
- Caulk should be used around cables, wires, faucets, and other electrical components.
- Repair or replace damaged window screens, and caulk around windows.
- To keep pests from eating your garden, turn off outdoor lights or switch to yellow sodium vapour lights.
- Take out vegetation less than eight feet from the perimeter of your house.
Pest control can be done in a variety of ways. While it is important to learn how to kill spiders, you must also ensure that they don’t infest your home. It is important to prevent pests entering your home. This will help to stop spiders from coming to your home to eat them. If you do these things but still have problems with spiders, please call us immediately.
Spider Removal & Pest Control
While these are all great tips to help eliminate the problem and prevent it from returning, only a professional pest control company can make sure that your home is free of spiders. Zap Pest Control Inc. has the experience and skills to properly treat spider infestations.
Call Zap Pest Control Inc. today if you require spider control.
Like our Facebook page for more great info about pest control services.