Rodents are common pests that invade the home and could cause major problems once they manage to find an entry point. In Myrtle Beach, there are different species of rodents that could be found thriving, feeding, and invading homes. Some helpful rodent control Myrtle Beach tips including prevention and professional recommendations.
Rodent Control Myrtle Beach: Are Rodents Dangerous?
Rodents pose health dangers not only to you and your family but also to your property for various reasons.
- They will contaminate your food as well as the surfaces of your home with their saliva, feces, and urine.
- Rats and mice will spread different diseases such as Leptospirosis, Hantavirus, Dysentery, and Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis.
- Rodents can spread bacteria such as Salmonellosis, which could lead to diarrhea and vomiting.
- Rats and mice could introduce parasites into your house such as ticks, mites, and fleas.
- They could damage your home; rodents will chew on things to stop their front incisors to grow continuously. If they do this inside your house, they will chew through and then cause damage to your furniture, flooring, clothing, insulation, walls, pictures, and more. The rodents that invaded your house could cause fires too when they chew live wires.
How do rodents get inside your house?
Rodents could find their way into your home and other properties as they find shelter, water, and food. They can force their way through small holes that are found along the roof intersections, roof lines, or even down through your home’s chimney. Rodents could also shimmy through gaps found in the foundation, below exterior doors, or openings found in your windows.
Torn door screens and window screens, spaces that are located around utilities as well as gaps surrounding air conditioners also offer the best entry points for rodents, too. When they get inside your home, they will live in your basement, attic, inside the void of the walls, behind your appliances, or inside storage boxes. When this happens, you need to call an exterminator.
How to prevent rodent infestation?
- Rodents are common pests inside the house. You need to check your home’s exterior and close any openings that are found in your home’s exterior regardless of how small they are.
- Cut back the tree limbs, bushes, and shrubs away from your home’s exterior.
- Be sure that all of your outdoor trash cans are covered with tight fitting lids.
- Place wood piles, garden areas, as well as compost piles away from your home’s exterior.
- Clean up any uneaten pet food.
- Be sure that all of your food are stored in air tight containers or in the refrigerator.
- Keep your home clean.
How do you get rid of rodents?
The best way to get rid of these pests is to hire a pest control expert like Zap Control Inc. They know how to properly get rid of rodents and prevent them from coming back. They will give you accurate identification as well as inspection services along with pest control treatment solutions and follow ups. They will get to the source of the rodent infestation, get rid of them completely, and stop their return.
Call Zap Pest Control Inc. now if you need help in getting rid of rodent infestation from your home.