According to pest control experts, cockroaches are widespread all throughout South Carolina. And they are often called different names including American cockroach, Palmetto bugs and water bugs. They are often seen in many residential homes. In fact, they are considered as among the most common household pests that homeowners are battling with on a daily basis. Aside from being a daily annoyance, these pests are known to spread filth, contaminating your food and causing various diseases.
Regardless of what they are called and how they infest a home,
How to get rid of cockroaches
There are many different ways to keep cockroaches away from your home. Primarily, however, you need to keep your home clean, especially your kitchen and bathrooms. It is important that there are no scraps of food on the flooring or leftovers on the countertops and tables at any time during the day or night. Keep in mind that this is what primarily attracts cockroaches to your home.
In addition to these, here are other pest control tips to help you prevent cockroach infestation.
• Make sure the trash cans that you use both indoors and outdoors have tight fitting lids. Aside from leftover food in the kitchen, cockroaches are also attracted to food wastes in your trash can. Thus, it helps to keep them away if you use trash cans with lids. You should also inform everyone in the household to always keep your trash cans covered at all times.
• Place leftover food and opened bags of chips in airtight containers. In addition to keeping your food fresh, storing them in airtight containers seals their scent inside the containers, effectively hiding them from cockroaches looking for food. If the cockroach will not be able to smell food in your kitchen and pantry, they will not think to stay there for a long time. Make sure that when you open bags of spices or cans of sauces, you store what is left of them in airtight containers and jars.
• Keep the flooring, counters and shelves clean at all times. There should be no crumbs or spills of food anywhere in the kitchen or pantry, particularly in the shelves, countertops, cabinets, drawers and flooring. Keep in mind that cockroaches love to lurk in these areas. Thus, when a spill happens, you need to clean it at once. Make sure there are no traces of the spill that can attract cockroaches.
• Have your local plumber service your faucets and drains regularly. These should always be in tip top shape and are able to function effectively. Otherwise, you risk having clogged drains which will cause water to stand in your sink for long periods of time. Nothing calls the attention of cockroaches more than standing water in sinks, especially if the water came from washing your plates and pots; thus, possibly having the presence and scent of food scraps.
• Avoid cluttering kitchen cabinets and drawers. Aside from food spills and crumbs, cockroaches also have cluttered and messy areas because this provides great and safe hiding places for them. To ensure they have nowhere to hide, keep your kitchen cabinets and drawers organized and tidy.
The very best way to keep cockroaches out of your home is regular pest control service. Schedule regular pest control service with Zap Pest Control and kiss the coachroaches goodbye.
Zap Pest Control Inc.
2507 Forestbrook Rd Suite G
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588