You’ll find a lot of stink bugs during fall and summer and that’s why you need to know some effective pest control tips. These seasons offer beautiful weather but they also bring about these little critters. Although they don’t cause you any harm, stink bugs can be a nuisance. You will most likely find them in screens, linens, and even in your lampshade.
You wouldn’t want to share your living space with these pesky critters, right?
Stink bugs have an earthy tone color and has an oval shaped body. It can grow up to ¾ inches thick. They are called stink bugs because they secret a malodorous stench when they believe that they’re under threat. This odor attracts other stink bug in the area. That’s why squashing these pests is not recommended.
Pest Control Tips To Keep Stink Bugs Away
Now that you have an idea what stink bugs are, the next thing you need to know is how to get some relief until the pest control Myrtle Beach experts arrive. It’s also a good thing to know a few tips on how to prevent having an infestation, to begin with.
- Close off all possible entry points to your home. This tip is pretty obvious but a lot of homeowners ignore it. You should check the pipes, chimneys, windows, and doors, or other points of entry that may have an opening.
- Rub the screens with some dryer sheets. The scent should be strong.
- You should replace your lightbulbs. Stink bugs are attracted to light so use dimmer lighting instead.
- Diffuse some essential oil close to the entry points. You won’t just get rid of stink bugs but make your home smell good, too.
- Vacuum as necessary. You can purchase a dedicated, small vacuum to eliminate some pest infestation. If you see some stink bugs at home, there’s a possibility that other stink bugs are on their way to your home.
- If your home is already infested, try hanging a damp towel over a chair. This will attract the stink bugs. Just don’t freak out if you see your towel filled with them.
- Call a pest control expert. The most effective way of getting rid of stink bugs and other pests is to hire a pest control expert. They have the tools and the skills to get things done correctly the first time around.